AKPO FPSO & BUOY UWILD
Proceanic, Ltd. of Houston, TX, in conjunction with Dovaheights, carried out an underwater inspection of the TOTAL AKPO FPSO and its buoy located offshore Nigeria. This inspection was completed using a VideoRay MSS Defender ROV fitted with a water-jet cleaning tool.
For the FPSO the following items were inspected to a max depth of -30m where applicable, Mooring Lines Top Chains, Fairleads and Chain Stoppers (24 Items) Riser Flex Joints (28 Items), Umbilicals and I Tubes (20 Items), Underwater Inspection in lieu of dry dock (UWILD). For the Buoy the following items were inspected Mooring Lines Top Chains and Chain Connectors (18 Items), Oil Offloading Lines (OOLs) hang-off structure and Flex-joints (4 items), Hull and Anodes.
- 14 Risers + 2 Offload Lines to -30M, including Flex-Joints
- 8 Umbilicals + 2 I-Tubes, to -30M
- FPSO Mooring Chains + Fairleads, Cleaned & Inspected to -30M
- 1 Water Ballast Tank
- Random Weld Inspections – Bottom Hull
- Buoy Mooring Chains Cleaned & Inspected to -30M
- Random Buoy Structure Cleaned & Inspected